I’ve just finished the edit round number one for my adult thriller! I have this weird extreme focus when I’m editing – it seems like the only thing I can think of doing all day (even while I’m plotting the second manuscript of the book that will be published) …what can I say, I love writing and editing!
But we won’t talk about queries, synopses, and pitches *cries in a corner*
So here are some stats for my edits, just to give a bit of an idea of what I do during this first round. My goal is always to decrease my crutch words (and I had so many! *ugh*). What you see in the second column is the new total amount (which, for some, will be decreased once again in the second edit round):
|Words||Count||Edits #1 new count|
During the first round, I also add descriptions for scenes using smell, touch, taste, visual – anything that makes the reading more immersive without over doing it and boring readers, though!